European University Association
UHR is a collective full member of the European University Association (EUA). EUA represents more than 800 universities and national rectors’ conferences in 48 European countries. EUA plays a crucial role in the Bologna Process and in influencing EU policies on higher education, research and innovation. Through continuous interaction with a range of other European and international organisations, EUA ensures that the independent voice of European universities is heard.
EUA provides unrivalled opportunities for members to share best practices by participating in projects, events and other mutual-learning activities involving a wide range of universities. The Association also provides members with unique opportunities to shape European policies and initiatives affecting higher education and research.
Nordic University Association
The Nordic University Association (NUS) is a joint body for Nordic higher education institutions. The NUS was established on 19 May 1995 as an organisation for cooperation among the Nordic university rectors’ conferences. The members are Universities Denmark, Universities Finland (UNIFI), The National Rectors’ Conference in Iceland, Universities Norway and The Association of Swedish Higher Education Institutions (SUHF).
The NUS will
- provide for mutually aligned development of higher education and research in the Nordic countries
- promote cooperation among the national university rectors’ conferences in the Nordic countries
- promote cooperation among universities in the Nordic countries (all higher education institutions affiliated to the respective country’s university rectors’ conference are referred to as ‘universities’ in this context)
- hold Nordic university conferences, primarily for rectors and as a rule biennially
- act as a joint contact organisation for the Nordic universities and, vis-à-vis the Nordic Council of Ministers and other Nordic institutions such as NordForsk, represent the university perspective on issues with a bearing on university policy
- coordinate the work of the Nordic university rectors’ conferences in international contexts when this is deemed appropriate
- monitor the activities undertaken in the Nordic Association of University Administrators (NUAS).
See NUS' statutes (PDF, 130 kB) of 3 October, 2018.